Welcome to Kitchen Cabinet, a grassroots movement to unify all those committed to growing and preserving opportunity in the restaurant industry and strengthening the communities where we live and work.
The 2016 presidential election is just months away and the stakes have never been higher for the restaurant industry. Heated rhetoric on the campaign trail is touching daily on issues that concern us and our employees. From wages to taxes to immigration policy, restaurateurs need to weigh in.
Just as the kitchen is the epicenter of any restaurant establishment, the Kitchen Cabinet will be the leading resource to help restaurateurs meet the growing challenges in the current political landscape. It provides all of the tools you need to effectively counter misinformation and advocate for all the good that restaurants do.
- Alerts and the latest intelligence from the field on the top issues at the federal, state and local level.
- An Action Center where restaurateurs can quickly interface with policymakers and regulators.
- Restaurant Roundtables, for info on our in-district face-to-face meetings with lawmakers to discuss issues critical to the industry
- #RestaurantsDecide – cataloging candidate’s campaign trail visits to restaurants across the country, primary to primary and throughout the general election in November.
- United We Serve – Quick access to state and local economic stats, including restaurant employment, sales and economic output.
- Food for Thought – Regular blog posts from your colleagues and a variety of perspectives in the restaurant industry.
As we face policy challenges — from the nation’s capital to state houses and city councils — we hope that you will take advantage of Kitchen Cabinet as an invaluable resource.